CMLE supports members who wish to attend continuing education and professional programs. These scholarships help to offset the costs of attending either an online or in person training opportunity.
We really want to give away this money, so please apply!!
- You can apply for up to $300 in each CMLE fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
- We need the application before the event, to approve it.
- You must be an employee or Board member of a CMLE member library. Preference will be given to first-time scholarship requests.
- Eligible expenses may include, but are not limited to:
- Registration/tuition fees
- Transportation/mileage (Mileage is for the use of a personal vehicle – only one person in vehicle may request mileage)
- Cost of a substitute to cover while applicant is at an event
- Required books/publications
- Child care expenses
Not sure if your expense is covered? It probably is, but ask us!
- We need a few things from you
- Original receipts are required for all expenses, except mileage. Submit total number of miles for reimbursement at the IRS rate.
- You are required to submit a 200-300 word essay that answers these questions:
- What were your favorite takeaways, or new things learned?
- As a result of attending this event, can you identify and explain a few things you can use/apply to your work or practice?
Email this to back to CMLE Headquarters (firstname.lastname@example.org). It will be edited by CMLE HQ staff, and published on our blog.
- The receipts and the article must be received by CMLE within thirty (30) days of the completion of the event.
If the receipts and article are not received in this time, reimbursement is not guaranteed.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed and awarded on a competitive basis. Award decisions will be based on the amount of funds available vs applications received, past scholarship(s) received by applicant(s), and merit of the event being applied for.