CMLE supports members who wish to attend continuing education and professional programs. These scholarships help to offset the costs of attending either an online or in person training opportunity.
- Scholarship applications must be received prior to the training/event to be attended. Scholarships will not be awarded retroactively.
- Scholarship applicants must be an employee or Board member of a CMLE member library. Preference will be given to first-time scholarship requests.
- Eligible expenses may include, but are not limited to:
- Registration/tuition fees
- Transportation/mileage (Mileage is for the use of a personal vehicle – only one person in vehicle may request mileage)
- Cost of a substitute to cover while applicant is at an event
- Required books/publications
- Individuals may apply for up to $200.00 per CMLE fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
- Scholarship policy, guidelines, budget, and reimbursements, will be set by the CMLE Governing Board.
- Requirements for reimbursement of approved expenses include:
- Receipts are required for all expenses, except mileage. Submit total number of miles for reimbursement at the IRS rate. Receipts must be for expenses incurred by the applicant.
- Keep a copy of the scholarship application. Reimbursement requests should be submitted using the scholarship form that was approved prior to the event.
- Recipients are required to submit a 200-300 word essay that answers these questions:
- What were your favorite takeaways or new things learned?
- As a result of attending this event, can you identify and explain a few things you can use/apply to your work or practice?
Email this to back to CMLE Headquarters. It will be edited by CMLE HQ staff, and published on our blog.
- The receipts, the article, and a short questionnaire (sent via email) must be received by CMLE within thirty (30) days of the completion of the event.
If the receipts and article are not received in this time, reimbursement is not guaranteed.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed and awarded by the CMLE scholarship committee, on a competitive basis. Award decisions will be based on the amount of funds available vs applications received, past scholarship(s) received by applicant(s), and merit of the event being applied for. Possible results of application review are:
- Award full amount requested
- Award less than full amount requested
- Deny application
We want you to apply for this money!! CMLE Headquarters is here to support you, and the other staff in your library; and this is one way we want to help you.
If you have any questions, send us an email!