Stress in the workplace is a serious problem for many people in libraries. If you are experiencing stress in your library – you are not alone! I have done different types of research in various types of libraries; and consistently library people are reporting stress in their workplace. Libraries are wonderful places to work for the most part, and most of us love being here. Any kind of work in public serving involves being some level of stress; and when you add in budget and political difficulties, things can be surprisingly challenging.
At CMLE Headquarters we want to give you some of the skills to combat and reduce stress in the workplace. As with every topic we discuss, we can provide training to you and to your library.
Effective management of stress in the workplace happens through some skills you can learn or strengthen. Read through our blog entries below to get a lot of different ideas that may be helpful to you!
- Animals and Stress Relief
- Stress Busting Therapy Dogs
- Emotions are Contagious: Let’s Make Them Good!
- Let’s Just Take a Moment to Breathe….
- Stress! Let’s Listen to Podcasts to Help
- Stress Management: Why Bother?
- Audio Stress Management Tools
- Stress Management Through Meditation
- Strategies for Reducing Stress in Your Library