(Text version of visual Strategic Framework above.)
A Central MN library hub, a clearinghouse of talent,
materials, and expertise for all types of libraries.
CMLE serves as the Central Minnesota library hub, a clearing-house of talent, materials, and expertise for all types of libraries. CMLE leads, supports, encourages, engages, and connects library personnel with the resources they need.
CMLE supports library staff by providing the skills, tools, knowledge, resources, and connections needed to better accomplish their missions for excellent library service and an informed citizenry.
Strategic Focus Areas FY 2016-2018
CMLE is one of seven MN Multitype Library Systems established in Minnesota statute, funded through a legislative appropriation through the Minnesota legislature.
CMLE services fall within legislative requirements and in response to the expressed needs of library personnel in twelve counties in Central Minnesota. Services align within the following mandated areas:
- Resource Sharing
- Planning for Cooperative Programs
- Continuing Education & Best Practices
- Development of Bibliographic Databases
- Communication Systems for Library Personnel
Our Core Values
- We encourage cooperation and sharing.
- We inspire and strengthen, rather than prescribe or enable. We encourage and engage, rather than tell.
- We promote collegiality based on respect, dignity, grace, integrity, and honesty.
- We advocate that all citizens deserve the benefit of a strong library/information literacy resources and programming.
- Quality customer service
- Unique library information hub
- Strong relationships with K-12 media centers
- Leadership & advocacy
- Trend analysis
- Staff work ethic/desire to do good work
- Non-Profit organization