Did you know that the WebJunction website contains a monthly list of freely available training opportunities that are available to the library community? WebJunction Minnesota, provides access to online, self-paced courses and other features, and is available to all members of the Minnesota library community.
Your professional development has never been so convenient, easy, and affordable! It can feel overwhelming, but just pick one and give it a whirl!
Titles of Free January Programs
The list below will give you an idea of the rich offerings available to you. Interested in getting more detail or attending one of these events?
Go to http://www.webjunction.org/find-training/free-events.html and scroll down to get details on any of the webinars below. If the date has already passed, no worries, you can attend the archived content. I tried the second offering on Burnout, and all it required was a short download of Blackboard Collaborate! Pretty painless…..
- Trustee Training Course: Planning, Policy Making, and Evaluation
- Burnout: Avoiding the Flames
- Better than Bullet Points
- Keeping Your Library Safe: Black Belt Librarians
- An Introduction to Facilitating Groups
- Data Privacy Month: Are You Smarter Than Your Phone?
- Louder, Faster, Funnier: Humor & Learning
- Culture: Communications, Collaboration, and Creating Core Values
- Strengthen the Influence of Your Leadership: Prepare for Success
- Landing Your Ideal Library Job
- Transforming Communities Through Apps: Part II
- To Evaluation and Beyond: The Evolving Role of the Embedded Librarian
- Database of the Month: Tools you can Use
- Broadband Basics for Public Libraries
- New Resources for the Common Core
- The Impact of an Ice Cream Sundae
- Real Influence: Persuade Without Pushing and Gain Without Giving In
- Strengthen the Influence of Your Leadership: Leverage Your Knowledge of Communication Styles to Positively Influence Work and Personal Relationships
- QR Codes: Bridging the print-to-digital divide
- Basics of Information Literacy Assessment
- Rockin’ the Virtual Classroom
- Show Me the Money: Fundraising That Taps into The 90% of All Wealth That Is Not Cash
- Reenergize Your Best Employees Before They Leave You
- Creating a Culture of Innovation in your Library and Community
- Listening Skills For Leaders: How To Conduct A One On One Conversation To Motivate Others
- Strengthen the Influence of Your Leadership: Build Rapport and Motivate with The Language of Influence
- Introduction to Fundraising Planning
- Managing Team Conflict Effectively
- Developing an Epic Facebook Strategy for Your Nonprofit
- Strengthen the Influence of Your Leadership: So, What Do You Do? Talk Up Your Value in 30 to 60 Seconds
- Your Board and Fundraising
See the WebJunction Minnesota website for more general information and an events calendar.