This month, we honor the essential role that strong school library programs play in a student’s educational career. I wish CMLE had a little traveling task force to go into each Central MN school to toot the horn loud and long for all of our media specialists and paras, and highlight the important programming and support they provide. Lacking that, I can offer you the tools to do so for yourself, and I hope you consider trying at least one of the ideas provided below by the American Association of School Librarians (AASL).
They have tried to make it easy for you to make a splash!
- Decorate your library or library website with the 2014 School Library Month poster
- Customize and print your own posters, bookmarks and mini-posters
- Download two PSA videos featuring Jeff Kinney, author of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series
- Information for a student video contest where students record how their school library changes their life! Prizes for the best submissions!!
- Complimentary webinar series (pre-recorded and available on-demand)
- Check out other materials too to make you look like the rock star that you are!