TO: Minnesota Libraries
FROM: State Library Services
DATE: April 7, 2014
SUBJECT: Explore eBooks MN Webinar Series and Summit
Save the Date(s): Explore eBooks MN
Join fellow public, academic, school and special librarians in a statewide effort to explore the integration of eBooks into libraries, grow an understanding of how eBooks and digital content impact libraries, and engage in conversation around the future of eBooks in Minnesota. The Explore eBooks MN series of events will combine the internal expertise of Minnesotans with perspectives from national eBook innovators to further our professional understanding and build consensus. Improve your library’s capacity to embrace a digital future by participating in each Explore eBooks MN event.
1. eBook Basics, Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 1–2 p.m.
2. Access to eBooks: Challenges Facing Libraries and Publishers, Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 1–2 p.m.
3. eBooks in Libraries: Consortial Models, Thursday, June 19, 2014, 1–2 p.m.
4. eBooks in Libraries: A Business Models Overview, Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 1–2:15 p.m.
5. eContent Creation in Libraries, Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 1–2 p.m.
*Webinars will be recorded and archived by Minitex.
Explore eBooks MN Summit
Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 9:00 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
St. Catherine University, St. Paul, MN
More details and registration information to follow. Visit the Explore eBooks MN website, or contact Jennifer Nelson at email@example.com or Jennifer Verbrugge at firstname.lastname@example.org.