This week marks the beginning of our new Weekly Review publication cycle, and by now, our K-12 and academic librarians have at least one week under their belts. Public librarians are taking a slight breather now that the summer reading programs have ended! And, it is hard to say what the special librarians are feeling at the moment; probably sadness that summer is ending! Schedules are slightly different for the 320 libraries in the Central MN region, but new energy is definitely in the Fall air! CMLE provides support services to library/school media center personnel. A few facts and reminders….
- Some posts this week are gathered from news compiled over the summer, case in point, Getting Caught Up With State Library News
- We continue to seek stories about programming in Central MN libraries and school media centers. Send stories or pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you interested in being a member of a new CMLE think tank group? My fingers are crossed that the group might be willing to consider doing Google Hangouts to help us brainstorm new ideas. Interested in helping us assess needs and propose programming in our region? If so, please send email to email@example.com
- Upcoming library conferences, webinars and other noteworthy events will be offered through a new table format this year …check it out in our Upcoming Events blog post each and every week!
- Each week we will try to provide some easy, breezy, “good-to-know” posts about the library world or your home library too, but we will also insert some bigger picture posts to stretch you a bit too! No grumbling please….it is good for us…
- Each week, we cull through hundreds of items and choose 7-15 items we feel might be of most interest or most helpful. Did we miss the mark? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last academic year we posted over 400 blog posts. We keep it manageable for you though, one email per week with a listing of all of the weeks blog posts!
- CMLE also has a Facebook and Twitter account….check it out. Facebook at Central Minnesota Libraries Exchange and Twitter @CMLEMN. Like us or follow us today!