The 2014 TIES Conference is fast approaching. This year’s event will be in Minneapolis and features a preconference on Dec. 6-7 and the general sessions on Dec. 8-9
From the TIES website:
“Experience TIES at Make It Happen: transforming pedagogy with technology, our 2014 Education Technology Conference. Every day, classroom teachers transform education with technology and that transformation is at the heart of our annual conference.
- See how technology is used in classrooms, through over 350 general conference best practice breakout sessions and 50 preconference workshops
- Discover the latest tools and solutions offered by over 100 exhibit vendors
- Applaud as we recognize exceptional teachers from each TIES member district
- Be inspired by speakers with future-focused ideas and innovations for education and technology: including Yong Zhao(Monday keynote) and Jane McGonigal (Tuesday keynote)
- Engage through social network opportunities and continue the conversation before, during, and after the conference
- Return to your school and district with tools and ideas you can apply today”
Remember you can always follow the conversation on Twitter too: #TIES14
No Money? A CMLE scholarship of up to $200 is yours to use for registration, hotel, mileage, meals, or to subsidize the cost of your employer hiring a substitute worker so you can be away. If you approach your boss to say you have found a way to contribute $200, they will know you are invested and have taken initiative. The application process is easy, CMLE would love to exhaust its scholarship budget this year, so go for it!
Finally, remember you can stay up to date with upcoming events in our events table.