Moving beyond just selling textbooks, Amazon recently announced that it will help creating them. Educators can use the Kindle Textbook Creator “to take any PDF and create a richly featured and widely available eTextbook,” said Chuck Kronbach, Director, Kindle Direct Publishing. The announcement states that students can use the textbooks “on a broad range of devices, including Fire tablets, iPad, iPhone, Android smartphones and tablets, Mac, and PC.”
Books created with Kindle Textbook Creator offer features for students and other readers that enhance the learning experience, including:
- Multi-Color Highlighting—Highlight and categorize key concepts for easy reference.
- Notebook—Capture key passages, images and bookmarks and automatically add them to the notebook. Students can add their own notes and easily access them from one location.
- Flashcards—Create flashcards and study important terms, concepts, and definitions in each chapter with a simple, easy-to-use interface.
- Dictionary—Find definitions and Wikipedia information for difficult terms to improve retention.
- Buy Once, Read Everywhere—Read eTextbooks on the most popular devices students use, including Fire tablets, iPad, iPhone, Android tablets and smartphones, Mac, and PC.
Check out their KDP-EDU website to get started today!