Did you know you can easily send Microsoft Word and PDF documents to your Kindle? Nate Hoffelder of Ink, Bits, and Pixels recently posted a great how-to.
How to send a document to your Kindle:
- To find your Send-to-Kindle e-mail address, visit the Manage your Devices page at Manage Your Kindle.
- Documents can only be sent to your Kindle devices or apps from e-mail accounts that you added to your Approved Personal Document E-mail List. To add an e-mail account, visit the Personal Document Settings page at Manage Your Kindle.
- To send a document to your Kindle device or app, simply attach it to an e-mail addressed to your Send-to-Kindle e-mail.
- It is not necessary to include a subject in the email.
Supported File Types:
- Microsoft Word (.DOC, .DOCX)
- HTML (.HTML, .HTM)
- RTF (.RTF)
- JPEG (.JPEG, .JPG)
- Kindle Format (.MOBI, .AZW)
- GIF (.GIF)
- PNG (.PNG)
- BMP (.BMP)
- PDF (.PDF)
Did you also know you can transfer files from a computer to your Kindle via a USB cable? Its as simple as working with a jump drive. Check out Amazon’s how-to to learn more!