- If the geese on St. Martin’s Day (November 11) stand on ice, they will walk in mud at Christmas.
- If the first snow sticks to the trees, it foretells a bountiful harvest.
- If sheep feed facing downhill, watch for a snowstorm.
- If on All Saints Day the beech acorn is dry we will stick behind the stove in winter, but if it is wet and not light the winter will not be dry, but wet.
- Thunder in November indicates a fertile year to come.
- If there be ice in November that will bear a duck, there will be nothing thereafter but sleet and muck.
- As November 21st, so the winter.
- When the winter is early, it will not be late.
This piece is part of a much larger post by Farmers Almanac.
Image credit: https://unsplash.com, (Ariana Prestes), licensed under CCO 1.0.