Have you heard of ReadWriteThink, and more importantly, have teachers and parents heard about it? If you work in a school media center or public library, feel free to point users to this site, as it is a gem.
A few facts about this plethora of materials:
- Site is assembled by the International Literacy Association
- 886 lesson plans, 58 student interactives, 106 activities & projects, 23 games & tools, and 25 tips & how-to’s
- Audience: Educators, parents, and communities
- Tip:Tool bar on the left side of the page allows you to search and filter by interest area and audience
- 228 resources are available for professional development
- At the bottom of the tool bar, check out themes and note that there are 75 resources there specific to holidays!