Sadly, Sheri Olson is leaving us, so CMLE finds itself in need of a permanent, part-time replacement. Please share this information widely with people you know who might be a great fit for our CMLE team. Thanks! Patricia-
Central Minnesota Libraries Exchange (CMLE)
The Central MN Libraries Exchange (CMLE) is part of a statewide network of MN multitype library systems. CMLE serves 320 libraries or K-12 school media centers. Services are driven by the dynamic needs of library and school media center personnel in the 12-county Central MN region. The person in this part-time position provides administrative and programmatic support. Visit cmle.org for a better sense of what CMLE is all about!
- Be a member of a team that provides library-specific communications and marketing activities so that programmatic objectives are met and professionals in the library field receive needed information and resources via multiple communication channels including social media.
- Identify, develop, oversee, manage, or promote events that fit identified professional development needs.
- Maintain processes and systems that support established records retention schedules, Board governance administration, and financial backup.
- Participate as needed with special projects or initiatives, and other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Arts (AA) degree.
- Comfort with computers and working in a multiple-tab window environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to be used across multiple venues.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, organize efficiently, manage/coordinate multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to fluently use advanced features of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience as staff or a volunteer in a nonprofit organization.
- Experience writing in a professional environment, e.g., newsletter articles, blog posts, promotional materials, etc.
- Administrative experience using WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Apps.
Compensation and Perks
- 25 hours per week, flexible schedule on site, with some possible telecommuting. Position could include more hours in the event of a funding increase.
- Salary range of $16 – $18 per hour starting, depending on experience.
- Pro-rated vacation, sick leave, holidays, and PERA pension.
- Communicating in English across all work areas.
- Interacting with other employees and clients.
- Moving office and other supplies weighing up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to travel independently on system business occasionally.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to apply: Please send a print resume and cover letter indicating your interest in the CMLE Office Administrator position to: Chris Palmer, cmERDC/CMLE, 570 1st. St. SE. St. Cloud, MN 56304. Review of applications: Application review begins March 4, 2016. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.