By now, you’ve probably heard about makerspaces. (If not, catch up here). Here at CMLE, we think they are pretty exciting. All the opportunities for hands-on learning and creation! But it’s easy to find the endless possibilities slightly overwhelming. Wondering where to start? CMLE has done that work for you! We’ve published a great deal about makerspaces, and want to share our wealth of knowledge! See below for ideas and inspiration, tools to use, and where to find makerspaces.
- Of course we found out how much Pinterest has to offer makerspaces!
- Browse this post featuring makerspace inspiration from chemistry sets to edible books!
- Peruse our post about CMLE’s Makerspace LibGuide, where you can find even more ideas – and definitely let us know if you have an idea we need to include!
- Tools or Gadgets:
- Discover some up-and-coming kits found at the SXSWi expo.
- Check out these tools for middle-school makerspaces.
- Find out what got adults so excited about their experiences with Makey Makey kits.
- Try some game-based tools to engage students.
- Even try a Google Cardboard makerspace in order to experience Virtual Reality!
Image credit: http://tinyurl.com/pkdbtf9, licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0