In November, our Monthly Topic will be Advocacy!!
This is such an important skill for everyone in your library to master. We all need to advocate for ourselves in the workplace, for our libraries, and for the profession. During November we will collect and share information on each of these aspects of advocacy, to help build your skills and your comfort level with it.
At the heart: Advocacy is fun!! We get to tell people how great our libraries are, all the wonderful things we provide to our communities, and how valuable we are!! It can be tempting to just assume people know about this – but we want to really be sure they understand, so we need to tell them. This is our chance to brag!
CMLE will offer an in-person training session at our Headquarters (570 First Street SE, St Cloud, MN 56304). This will happen Nov 15. Spaces are filling fast – so don’t delay!
- First session: noon to 1:30:
- Second session: 4:30 to 6:00
- Webinar will be provided online for future viewing
You are invited to attend either in-person session (they are identical). Feel free to bring your food! We will provide beverages.
Sign up at our Eventbrite site here!
When you leave this session you will have some basic skills and ideas:
- identification of your library’s elected representatives
- a draft email to send to each of them
- a set of talking points about your library’s value
- an elevator speech to share your accomplishments
- details on library service nationally, for easy sharing
Any questions? Send Mary an email.
Would you like a training session brought to your library? Send Mary an email on that too!