I’d like to share an opportunity for those of you involved in data management and digital scholarship services at research libraries: the Digital Library Federation (DLF) has opened a call for interest regarding its 2017 eResearch Network (eRN).
The eRN is a community of practice focused on resource-sharing, collaboration, and networking. Over the course of six months, our amazing faculty, Jason Clark and Sara Mannheimer, will lead teams through a series of webinars, practical assignments, and cohort discussions that will help them build skills and programs at their institutions.
The theme for each month:
- May: Building an eResearch Services Roadmap (environmental scans and defining RDM, digital scholarship, or other eResearch-related services)
- June: Advocacy and Promotion (building advocates, partnerships internal/external, and promoting data literacy)
- July: Data Management Planning and Funder Requirements
- August: Data Discovery/Metadata and Curation (reusability and preservation)
- September: Collections as Data: Digital Scholarship, Digital Humanities, Data Visualization
- October: Assessment (Metrics for success with Data Services and Digital Scholarship)
See this page for more, and be sure to submit your contact info here to ask questions of the faculty + receive further information about participating. DLF member institutions will receive a discount on the tuition fee, but membership isn’t required to join us—so please share with anyone you think may be interested.
Program Associate – The Digital Library Federation
1707 L Street Ste 650, Washington, D.C. 20036