Let’s do some advocacy together! Join us for the CMLE Postcard Party in the Park, May 18!
“All federal funding for libraries will disappear if Congress accepts Trump’s proposed FY18 budget. Congress is working on their own version, and we need them to put back in the federal funds for libraries. Here’s how you can help:
- Just 20 U.S. Senators have already signed on to letters of support for federal funding for libraries. Please find out if your Senator has supported libraries by checking this sortable online tracker
- If they have signed on to both FY18 letters, send them a brief thanks. If they have not, then please call, email, write, fax or Tweet the office of your U.S. Senators. Ready to use messages are here, but you will be asking them to:
- Sign on to the Dear Appropriator letter that Sens. Reed and Collins are circulating, which calls for $186.6 million in funding for the Library Services Technology Act (LSTA).
- Sign on to the Dear Appropriator letter that Sens. Reed, Grassley and Stabenow are circulating in support of $27 million for Innovative Approaches to Literacy (IAL).
- Check out these other ways you can take action to support libraries
- Encourage family, friends, patrons, contractors, vendors, coworkers, etc. to do the same!
P.S. if you call your Senator’s office and the line is busy, use Resistbot instead It’s easy!
Beth Yoke, CAE
Young Adult Library Services Association
50 E. Huron St. Chicago, IL 60611
Take action to support funding for teens and libraries: http://bit.ly/2oaiVZD