If you might like to celebrate Christmas in July, this page from the site Library Thing could inspire you! (It really happens in December, but if you want to start a Secret Santa program in your library – we support you!)
Secret Santa for Book Lovers
SantaThing is LibraryThing’s Secret Santa for book lovers. This is our TENTH annual SantaThing!
Join LibraryThing to participate in SantaThing!
How it works
- Become a Secret Santa. Choose your gift level ($15–50) and bookstore, such as Powell’s, Amazon, and others.LibraryThing takes no “cut.” If you pay $30, you get $30 worth of books (plus shipping at some sellers).You can sign up for yourself, or make this a gift for a friend on or off LibraryThing.
- We choose a LibraryThing member to be your “Santee,” the person you’ll be buying for. We try to match up members with similar tastes in books.
- You pick books for your Santee.
- LibraryThing elves order the books and the books are shipped directly to your Santee. Only LibraryThing and the bookseller see your address.
- You receive a package with the books from your Secret Santa—and rejoice!
Even if you don’t want to be a Santa, you can help by suggesting books for others. Click on a member’s name to leave a suggestion.
Sunday, December 4th at 5pm Eastern. Sign-up ends. Secret Santas are chosen, profile messages are sent to the Secret Santa, and you can then enter your gift choices.
Monday, December 12th at 1pm EST (18:00 GMT). After the weekend, gift picking ends. LibraryThing sends the order via eight tiny ponies to the bookstore you chose.
Join LibraryThing to become a Santa.