Summer may be winding down, but there is still plenty of fun to be had online!
Have you seen Camp Wonderoplis?? It looks like a really fun way to work on some good STEM skills. It might be fun for your younger patrons to try! And yes, it also might be fun for you – don’t forget to do fun things during your summer adventures!
The plans have been drawn up and construction’s underway on the latest edition of Camp Wonderopolis®! Get your hard hats ready because this year’s Camp explores Wonders about construction and city planning. You’ll create your own version of “Wonderocity” as you work your way through the Campgrounds.
Camp enables programs, families, and individuals to customize their experience to their needs while campers explore different tracks of STEM-based exploration. Along the way they will build their vocabulary, background knowledge, and literacy skills.
When you register as a Camper (kids of all ages) or a Counselor (parents, library staff, teachers), you will be able to:
- Select your own avatar
- Follow your own path through six tracks of scientific exploration
- Engage in Wonder lessons and test your learning to earn all 42 new Wonder Cards®
- See what other Campers are doing and share your own experiences on the Wonder Wall
- Keep track of your Camp activities on your personal dashboard (Counselor dashboards will track individual and groups of Campers—perfect for parents, libraries, and summer learning programs)
- Try out fun, hands-on Maker activities with everyday items”