Come on – that headline was a complete gimme. Of course you want to read more great books! You also need some suggestions for some fun books that you can recommend to your patrons. We are here for you!!
We love to read books!
You love to read books!
Let’s all read books this year!!
Building on people’s interest in the books we suggest in our Books And Beverages podcast, we have started two book challenges for everyone in 2018.
Here are a few FAQs you might ask:
Are these high-pressure, high-volume challenges?? NO!
- One challenge will read 25 books (50 if you get ambitious); the other reads 30. If you don’t get them all? *shrug* Read what you enjoy!
Will everyone point and laugh at me if I read books about vampires or YA books instead of The Important Classics?? NO!
- Actually – we’ll look forward to your recommendations! We like fun books here, and that can include anything that sounds fun to you, including important classics AND vampires.
I never know what to read next. Can I get some recommendations? YES!
- We want this to be easy, so one book challenge actually follows our book group podcast topics; you can listen to the suggestions everyone gives, then read a fun book for yourself.
I’m pumped up and ready to read!! Where do I find these so-fun book challenges?
- CMLE Reading Challenge: Read through our 25 reading prompts for an interesting year in discovery of ideas; read two of each for 50 chances to try more new things and to hear what people have to say in different ways.
- CMLE Book Group Podcast Reading Challenge: We have a book group podcast, Books And Beverages, and each week we talk about a different genre. For this challenge, you can read a book from each of the first 30 genres we are discussing. If you need book suggestions, you can listen to the handy podcast episode for all kinds of ideas! Join our book group podcast here.
BUT, WHAT ELSE DO YOU HAVE FOR US????
We are so glad you asked!
“Ellen K. Pao’s Reset is a rallying cry–the story of a whistleblower who aims to empower everyone struggling to be heard, in Silicon Valley and beyond. In her book, Pao shines a light on troubling issues that plague today’s workplace and lays out practical, inspiring, and achievable goals for a better future.”
“A missing God.
A library with the secrets to the universe.
A woman too busy to notice her heart slipping away.
Populated by an unforgettable cast of characters and propelled by a plot that will shock you again and again, The Library at Mount Char is at once horrifying and hilarious, mind-blowingly alien and heartbreakingly human, sweepingly visionary and nail-bitingly thrilling—and signals the arrival of a major new voice in fantasy.”
We hope you find these books useful and enjoyable as you begin 2018! Thanks for reading with us!