For writers interested in easy-to-use, free resources for publishing and sharing e-books, and for readers interested in reading e-books by local writers, your Minnesota libraries bring you MN Writes MN Reads.
Are you writing a book for Nanowrimo? Or, would you like to write something??
You can follow the directions on this website! Here are a few quick notes:
- Upload your ebook using SELF-e for inclusion in Indie Minnesota, a statewide collection promoting local authors.
- After a book is uploaded, it is reviewed to ensure that it is technically sound and does not infringe on copyrights.
- This initial review takes a few days. After that, the book will appear in Indie Minnesota.
- Fiction books in English will be reviewed by reviewers at Library Journal. The best reviewed books are included in a special curated collection, SELF-e Select, that is available to readers across the country.
- The review process for SELF-e Select takes one to two months. Authors are notified by Library Journal/SELF-e if their book is selected for this collection.
Then: Whamoo! (It’s publishing term of art. Well – it should be!) You are not only a published author, but your book is available to library patrons across the state!
Share this with your patrons, and let’s see some great Minnesota books shared!