- Events, Events, and more Events: The most popular post of the year was our Upcoming Library Events listing. Recently implemented, this was a one-stop place for all the events that might be of interest. We are happy to see you like it!
- Know your Copyright: This past November, CMLE hosted a Copyright Event. The event was well attended and the feedback seemed very positive.
- Librarians on TV: Coming in at third was our post about the upcoming “Librarians” TV series on TNT. The show has since premiered and seems to be getting positive reviews.
- Goodreads Awards: At fourth was our post about the Goodreads Choice Awards. It seems that we all like to read and sometimes award winners are the best place to start.
- Teen Read Week: Teen readers are a growing segment of focus for all library workers. This was reflected in our fifth most popular post about YALSA’s Teen Read Week.
- Book Store Model: One of the many issues school libraries are wrestling with is Genrefication, or changing to a book-store model with their collection. This was reflected in our sixth most popular post of the year: Genrefication of your school’s fiction collection.
- Where are the Media Specialists: Coming in at seven was our post: Where have the media specialists gone in 2014? In the post we looked at regional data about current media specialist employment.
- Mindfulness: CMLE also saw that our members are looking for some calm among the storm of their jobs. At eight, the 12 part Mindfulness series proved to be a subject many of you were interested in.
- School Visit: At nine was our popular post about a school visit to the Dassel-Cokato High School. Although it was a longer read, we saw that there is always room for sharing each other’s wins and lessons learned.
- More Reading Lists: Finally, our tenth most popular post of 2014 was Summer Reading Lists.
So, those are the top ten of 2014. Did you have a favorite CMLE post of 2014? Share with us or post in the comments below what it was! We love to learn what keeps you coming back.
We hope you had a great 2014, and wish you a wonderful 2015!
Image credit: http://tinyurl.com/p85zskz, licensed under CC BY 2.0