This week marks the beginning of our new Weekly Review publication cycle, and by now, most of our K-12 and academic librarians have at least one week under their belts. Public librarians are taking a slight breather now that the summer reading programs have ended! And, it is hard to say what the special librarians are feeling at the moment; probably sadness that summer is ending! Schedules are slightly different for the 320 libraries in the Central MN region, but new energy is definitely in the Fall air! CMLE provides support services to library/school media center personnel. A few facts and reminders….
- Some posts this week are gathered from news compiled over the summer, case in point, Getting Caught Up With State Library News
- We continue to seek stories about programming in Central MN libraries and school media centers. Send stories or pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last year, CMLE used Google Hangouts to do monthly think tank meetings with a representative group of members. Are you interested in helping us assess needs and propose programming in our region? If so, please send email to email@example.com
- A reminder that upcoming library conferences, webinars and other noteworthy events will be offered through our Library Events Page.
- Each week we will try to provide some easy, breezy, “good-to-know” posts about the library world or your home library too, but we will also insert some bigger picture posts to stretch you a bit too! No grumbling please….it is good for all of us…
- Each week, we cull through hundreds of items and choose 7-15 items we feel might be of most interest or most helpful. Did we miss the mark? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last academic year we posted nearly 500 blog posts. We keep it manageable for you though one email per week with a listing of all of the weeks blog posts! Then, you are in control to pick and choose what meets your needs.
- CMLE also has a Facebook and Twitter account….check us out. Facebook at Central Minnesota Libraries Exchange and Twitter @CMLEMN. Like us or follow us today!
Onward! Welcome back to a new academic year and lots of interesting activity and information from library land!